Our Puppy HomeStart Pack includes:
- First vaccination course (2 visits included)
- 4 weeks’ free Petplan® insurance
- Initial flea and worm treatment
- Microchipping with life long registration on national database
- Home visits by our qualified nurse, once a month until puppy is 6 months old to weigh and discuss any problems
Puppies can receive their first vaccination at eight weeks old, and will receive their second vaccination four weeks later. They can go outside a week after their second vaccination, as long as they avoid watercourses and farm areas. Full protection is two weeks post vaccination.
Microchipping greatly increases the chance of your dog being found if lost, and from 6 April 2016 was a legal requirement.
Following the primary puppy vaccinations, the first annual booster will be given as the full DHP/L4 vaccine. After this, the L4 component will be given every year, but the DHP component will only be given every third year.
If you would like to know more or to request a same day appointment please call 0114 212 5800.