This privacy notice applies to ‘The Travelling Vet Ltd’ and the services it provides to customers around South Yorkshire, including trade events.
When we mention ‘personal data’ we mean any information about yourself including your full name, title, address, contact numbers, and email addresses. We also hold identification data of your pet. We will hold information regarding the way that you pay your invoices (cash, card, online payment) but do not keep a record of the card details or account details that you use to pay.
Whenever our privacy statement is updated, you will receive an email to inform you of the change.
Who are we?
The Travelling Vet Ltd have their headquarters at 20 Green Lane, Killamarsh, Sheffield, S21 1BD. The directors of our company are Charlotte Farr BVSC CertAVP MRCVS and Matthew Farr MA (cantab). Our limited company number is 10493734. We provide a mobile veterinary house visit service to clients across South Yorkshire and parts of Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
Our principles of data protection
- Transparency - you can ask us at anytime about the details we have on file, and you can request your pet’s clinical information or previous invoices at any time
- Security - Your information is held on a reputable database ‘Vetter Software’ to ensure that it is safe. Any data breaches will be reported to us by ‘Vetter’ allowing us to act on this at the earliest opportunity. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
- Our website is hosted by Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
- Stewardship - We will be responsible for looking after any data that we hold in a safe and secure manner
How do we get data about you?
- Information you give us - We use the information that you give us on registering your pet. Included in this we will ask for identification and contact details to enable us to find your premises and contact you if required for logistical reasons.
- Information we obtain from a visit - We will also log directions to your house or road if you are difficult to find, so that we can find you easily on future visits.
- Information we collect automatically - We can obtain information whenever you visit our website based on your IP address. This also allows us to look at what pages of our website you have looked at, and whether you have added things to your basket on our online shopping portal ‘shopify’. This information is collected using ‘cookies’. Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not. :
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
- From third parties - Occasionally we may request information from other veterinary practices in order to get a clinical history for your pet. This information will contain the contact details that they had on record for you, including address, phone number(s) and email address(es).
If we don’t collect your personal data, we will be unable to provide services to you. We need your full address to be able to visit you, and we need contact information for bookings changes, laboratory result reporting and invoicing.
Where we collect personal data, we will only process it for
- Performing a contract with you
- In accordance with a legal obligation
- Where we have your consent
- Where we have legitimate interests to process the data, but this is not overridden by your rights
If you do not have a working relationship with us, and believe that someone has given us your data without your consent, you will need to contact us by phone or in writing.
How do we use your data?
To communicate with you. This may be in the form of:
- By phone - we may call you with problems with an appointment or time, to report laboratory results, to ask for an update about the health of your pet, or to discuss invoices, insurance claims or requests for clinical histories from other organisations.
- By Post - we may post out invoices, receipts, insurance claim information or information regarding our service.
- Address - we use your address in order to visit your premises for scheduled appointments, or to deliver repeat medications.
To support you
- This includes if you have any problems with our online booking platform ‘Shopify’ or online payment platform ‘Stripe’
To market information to you - in the form of booster reminders, price updates or changes to our services
To analyse and report information to our directors to allow business planning and investment decisions to be made.
How do we share your data?
- With third parties in accordance with your interests when providing a service to you. This would include institutions such as laboratories, pet insurance companies,microchip databases, or cremation services.
- Regulators such as law enforcement, courts, and government agencies when required to do so by law.
- An actual or potential buyer in connection with an actual or proposed merger or acquisition of our business
- Other people only if we have your consent and for unique situations
International data transfers
Our veterinary practice management software is a cloud bases system called ‘Vetter Software’. The company headquarters is based in California, USA and so your data will be held overseas. This company is privacy shield certified. For further information on this, please contact us.
We are dedicated to protecting your personal information and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to make sure that this happens.
The length of time that we keep your information depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it, for example to provide you with a service you requested or for legal or accounting purposes. We will keep your information for legal purposes even if you end your involvement with us. Once we reach the period of time where we no longer need to keep it, we will delete it or anonymise it. This period of time is usually 5 years.
You are free to ask for what data we hold about you at any time, or free to request the clinical history for your pet. You can unsubscribe from emails or text reminders from us at any time. Just phone us on 07504515215 or email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and request to unsubscribe.
Telephone : 07504 515 215 or
Email: email@example.com or
Message us using the box to the right.